Monday, February 21, 2011

Reflection

Looking back at the GAME plan I developed and worked on throughout the course, I realized that I feel more confident in integrating technology into my teaching. I feel that I am making strides towards the goals I have set for myself. I will need to continue to participate in technology courses throughout my teaching career, so that I can learn how to use new technology and incorporate it into my classroom. I have introduced the students to blogs and we are starting them next week. We are going to read a book as a class and I am going to ask them to respond to different questions. Many questions will be cause/effect, compare/contrast, make inferences, and predict what is going to happen next. I am really excited to start this with my students and I can tell they are excited too.

Throughout this course I have learned and discovered new types of technology and resources. I am excited to use digital story telling as a part of my students narrative essays. I am also excited to use the facebook PowerPoint layout at the end of the book we are going to read in class. I will have my students complete a facebook page for one of the characters in the story and present the page to the class. I have found a template in PowerPoint that looks identical to facebook and is easy to use. I have learned that my students really enjoy using technology and seem to me more engaged in the learning process. I have also learned that is necessary to allow the students to explore the technology before jumping in and using it. I think the students gain a lot of valuable information from self-directed learning.

As a result of this class, I have gained a lot of ideas on how to incorporate technology into content learning. I am excited to share these ideas with my colleagues and students. This class has been extremely beneficial and I believe I learned a lot of valuable information from the class resources, instructor, and my classmates. I look forward to implementing everything I have learned from this class!

No comments:

Post a Comment